Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wedding Countdown

It seems that just yesterday my wedding was over 190 days away. Now it is right around the corner, in only 34 days I will officially be Mrs. Foster. I have no doubt that I have overdone the facebook messages letting people know how excited I am about marrying Tim, but I feel so lucky to have the love of my life for the rest of my life!

Wedding-wise, everything seems to be falling into place. Tim and I finalized the dinner menu yesterday and decided on a wedding cake. We now have the photographer and the organist booked. There is even a transport surprise for all our guests!

I won't tell you which dress I am wearing from Elsa Gary, but I'm taking a train to Paris to pick it up in just four short weeks with one of my bridesmaids, Simone Gignoux.

For a long time Tim and I were debating whether or not to have flower girls (I kid you not when I say that the aisle is very long - the church is meant to hold 900 people!), but decided in the end that we had to have them in the wedding! The dresses are adorable, I've never seen anything like them in my life.

As for archery, I'm still building up my strength, but my recovery is complete in my opinion. I don't feel any pain when I shoot anymore. In March, I shot at the Swiss Indoor Championships and qualified 2nd. Unfortunately, I had a disqualified arrow which prevented me from qualifying first. Despite not being able to shoot in the Olympic Round because I'm not part of a Swiss club yet, I'm happy that I was able to compete again and shoot well.

My next tournament is in three weeks in Switzerland, I was going to try and shoot in Bulgaria but I still have a lot of work to do to be internationally competitive. Now that I've recovered, my focus isn't about just getting back to where I was, but pushing myself to a new level.

Anyhow, thanks for reading my post, the next time I write, I will most likely be a married woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment